-   -   Calculating age (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184778-calculating-age.html)

Pascale

Calculating age

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

claude jerry

Calculating age

A1 = birth date
B1 = Today()

in C1 enter this = =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")

for more detailed age try this
=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")&" Years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"YM")&" Months
"&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"MD")&" Days"

"Pascale" wrote:

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

Pascale

Calculating age

PER-FECT! Thank you VERY MUCH Pascale

"Pascale" wrote:

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

Mike H

Calculating age

Claude,

be careful with your second formula and as en example try these 2 dates in
a1 and b1

which gives
57 years, 1 months, -1 days

Mike

"Pascale" wrote:

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

claude jerry

Calculating age

Mike, Yes you are correct. .I am cornerd
And I dont know How to solve it. . . any help! .
Is it some leap year thing I am missing ?

"Pascale" wrote:

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

Mike H

Calculating age

Hi,

It's caused by the lengths of the months and if the start month is longer
than the end month then it can go wrong.

Generally I have some difficulty with calculating an age in Y, M , D becuase
the month bit is meaningless. For example someone botn on 1 April is 30 days
old on the 30th and someone born on 1 May is 31 days old on the 31st but if
we do a monthly calculation it makes them both 1 month old and the same age
which isn't correct.

Mike

"Pascale" wrote:

Could you please tell me how I could have in column C, the age of a person
from indicating (column A)the birthdate and the other (column B) today's
date. Many thanks ahead

claude jerry

Calculating age

Thanks for the explaination Mike