-   -   universal copying over worksheet range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184776-universal-copying-over-worksheet-range.html)

pat in chard

universal copying over worksheet range

I produce invoices for piano students in excel and so have 40 or so
worksheets per file. I invoice per term and sometimes need to put on
additional info. what i want to know is how do i say change the term dates on
the first worksheet and have said dates be copied to all other worksheets
without opening worksheets and pasting 40 odd times?

Dave Peterson

universal copying over worksheet range

If the cells that get changed are the same (all A1 or all X99), then you can
group the sheets.

Select the first sheet and ctrl-click on subsequent
(or rightclick on any tab and choose Select All)

Then the changes you make to a cell on any of those grouped sheets is changed on
the other sheets in the group.
You'll want to ungroup when you're done--it can be dangerous.

Remember to look at the title bar. You'll see [Group] to remind you that some
sheets are grouped.

--

Dave Peterson