-   -   vlookup inside a hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184621-vlookup-inside-hyperlink.html)

arecey

vlookup inside a hyperlink

Hi all
I have a formula in a cell which returns a value taken from another
worksheet. Is it possible to put a hyperlink against this cell so that when
the user clicks on the cell it will jump to the cell in the other worksheet
where the value comes from? I was thinking something along the lines of
=hyperlink(vlookup......)

Any help much appreciated.

--
arecey

Max

vlookup inside a hyperlink

Try this sample from my archives which illustrates one way:
http://savefile.com/files/1068062
Hyperlink matching name in another sht.xls

The example construct:
In sheet: contact master,
Assume names are listed in A2:A10

In B2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,'master
schedule'!A:A,0)),"",HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address", INDIRECT("'master
schedule'!A"&MATCH(A2,'master schedule'!A:A,0))),A2)))
Copy B2 down to B10. The above creates hyperlinks in col B which when
clicked, jumps to the matched name in sheet: master schedule's col A (names
there can be in scrambled order)
--
Max
Singapore