-   -   Saving a draft only when outlook is open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184521-saving-draft-only-when-outlook-open.html)

Brad

Saving a draft only when outlook is open

The macro below will safe a draft when outlook is open, but will not when
outlook is closed. How can I make the change to save a draft - even if
outlook is closed?

This is my poor attempt in creating a Macro - if you see improvements that I
can make please let me know.....

Option Explicit

Sub SendFileToEmail()
Dim objOutlook As Object
Dim objOutlookMsg As Object
Dim strTo As String, strCC As String, strBody As String
Dim iRow As Long, inrec As String
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
' Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(0)
Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
Dim File1, File2 As String
Dim myCell

iRow = 0
strTo = ""
With shtEmail.Range("EmailToList")
Do
strTo = strTo & .Offset(iRow, 0).Value & ";"
iRow = iRow + 1
Loop Until .Offset(iRow, 0) = ""
End With

' iRow = 0
' strCC = ""
' With shtEmail.Range("CCToList")
' Do
' strCC = strCC & .Offset(iRow, 0).Value & ";"
' iRow = iRow + 1
' Loop Until .Offset(iRow, 0) = ""
' End With

For Each myCell In shtInput.Range("LifeSummary")
strBody = strBody & myCell.Value & vbCrLf
Next

With objOutlookMsg
'.SentonBehalfofName = "
'.To = " 'strTo
.To = strTo
' .Cc = strCC
'.bcc = "
.Subject = "Today's information"
'.BodyFormat = olFormatPlain
.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
.HTMLBody = "<html<pre" & strBody & "</pre</html"
'.Attachments.Add ("myfilenamewithfullpath.xls")
' .Send 'Let´s go!
.Save ' stick it in drafts
End With
Set objOutlookMsg = Nothing