-   -   sending an excel attachment in an e-mail (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184515-sending-excel-attachment-e-mail.html)

drumane

sending an excel attachment in an e-mail

When I receive an e-mail with an attachment that says .xls I can open this
OK. When I receive one with .xlsx I cannot. Does anyone know how this is
formed

Dave Peterson

sending an excel attachment in an e-mail

It's created by xl2007.

If you're using an earlier version, you could ask the sender to save a copy of
the file in the earlier format (xl97-xl2003=.xls) and have them send that.

Or you could install the Compatibility Pack:

--

Dave Peterson

Fred Smith[_4_]

sending an excel attachment in an e-mail

..xlsx is an Excel 2007 file. You either need to upgrade to 2007 or get your
senders to save an .xls file.

Regards,
Fred.