-   -   How do I enter degrees, minutes, seconds (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/18435-how-do-i-enter-degrees-minutes-seconds.html)

Edwn

How do I enter degrees, minutes, seconds

I have an excal project that requires me to use degrees, minutes and seconds.
How do I enter this into a cell

jennifer

For the degrees go to insert menu and select symbol; make sure your font says
symbol and locate the degree symbol, press enter.
For the time, go to format menu and select cells, press the number tab and
select time and find the format you want to use.

"Edwn" wrote:

I have an excal project that requires me to use degrees, minutes and seconds.
How do I enter this into a cell

JulieD

Hi Edwn

for a good explaination on the topic check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

Cheers
JulieD

"Edwn" wrote in message
I have an excal project that requires me to use degrees, minutes and
seconds.
How do I enter this into a cell

AlfD

Hi!

When you have formatted a cell as [h]:mm:ss, enter your data as, for
example, 12:48:06.
You will then find you can calculate using the contents of the cell
(addind, multiplying etc).