-   -   how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/18431-how-do-i-delete-extra-empty-rows-columns-i-dont-need.html)

lindaY

how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns
that I need.

Thanks in advance

Anne Troy

Select the first blank row, hit Shift+Ctrl+Down arrow. Edit--Delete.
Select the first blank column, hit Shift+Ctrl+Right arrow. Edit--Delete
Save.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com

"lindaY" wrote in message
I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows &

columns
that I need.

Thanks in advance

Myrna Larson

You can't change the number of rows or columns. What do you want to do?
Prevent the user from scrolling past the used area? Prevent him from selecting
a cell outside of a certain range?

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:25:03 -0800, lindaY
wrote:

I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns
that I need.

Thanks in advance

Anne Troy

Ah. I see that Myrna is right about what you're asking. What you CAN do is
HIDE all the unnecessary rows and columns by selecting them, and then
Format_--Row (or Column)--Hide
~Anne Troy

www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com