-   -   Carriage Return in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1839-carriage-return-excel.html)

Rod Behr

Carriage Return in Excel

To insert a carriage return in Excel, I press ALT+ENTER. How do I do this
when using "Find and Replace"?

I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a
large range of cells.

Andy Brown

I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a
large range of cells.

"Find What" = "," ; tab to the "Replace With" box, then type

0010

on the Number keypad while holding down ALT.

Click "Replace All".

Rgds,
Andy

Bernard V Liengme

Not sure how to find code with Edit | Find but here's a work around.
Enter a new column and use =SUBSTITUTE(E1,CHAR(10),",")
Now copy and paste special (values) from new column to old column and delete
new column

best wishes
Bernard

"Rod Behr" <Rod wrote in message
To insert a carriage return in Excel, I press ALT+ENTER. How do I do this
when using "Find and Replace"?

I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a
large range of cells.

Rod Behr

Andy

Thank you! That was very helpful.

Rgds
Rod

"Andy Brown" wrote:

I want to replace a given character (",") with a carriage return across a
large range of cells.

"Find What" = "," ; tab to the "Replace With" box, then type

0010

on the Number keypad while holding down ALT.

Click "Replace All".

Rgds,
Andy

Andy Brown