-   -   Forgotten OPEN password for Excel file??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/183729-forgotten-open-password-excel-file.html)

MUmfleet

Forgotten OPEN password for Excel file???

I created a file in excel which contains my passwords etc. I have forgotten
the password that I set. I used this program on my BlackBerry to create the
password. it generates random 8 key passwords. I am afraid that this file
is trash. Is there a way to recover it, other than deep hypnosis :)???

I appreciate any help anyone can share. I guess next time I'll write it
down and tape it under my keyboard (kidding of course).

Mike H

Forgotten OPEN password for Excel file???

Hi,

If it's password to open then its not as straightforward as it might
otherwise be but an excellent tool can be found here

http://www.lostpassword.com/

You will probably hate being reminded of this but just about the silliest
place to keep passwords is on your PC, write them on a bit of paper. I keep
mine between the pages of a dictionary by my desk in the P for passwords
page. While this may seem a bit obvious I bet the next person to attempt to
rob me doesn't stop to read the dictionary while doing it.

Mike