Allow: Text length
Data: between
Minimum: 5
Maximum: 5 (unless you want 5 or more - then enter a number suitable to your
requirements)

Rob

"B_cooper123" wrote in message
I'm looking to have a validation rule which shows up an error message when
text that isn't entered into the correct location happens.

I.E i've got a bar where a 5 digit Number is to be entered, so if say a 4
digit number was entered, a message would flag up saying - Please Enter a
5
Digit number ??

Can anyone help

RobN[_2_]

Validation

And....
If you need to know how to set a message to appear other than the default,
then do this....
Again, in the data validation dialog,
select the Error Alert tab
Make sure "Show error alert after invalid data is entered" is ticked.
Style: Stop
Title: Enter whatever you like.....maybe "Error!" without the quotes
Error Message: "Please Enter a 5 Digit number " without the quotes

Rob

"B_cooper123" wrote in message
I'm looking to have a validation rule which shows up an error message when
text that isn't entered into the correct location happens.

I.E i've got a bar where a 5 digit Number is to be entered, so if say a 4
digit number was entered, a message would flag up saying - Please Enter a
5
Digit number ??

Can anyone help

David Biddulph[_2_]

Validation

Data Validation/ Settings/ Custom/ Formula:
=AND(ISNUMBER(A1),LEN(A1)=5)

Set input message and error message as appropriate.
--
David Biddulph