-   -   Input a number to not display as a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/182438-input-number-not-display-date.html)

Ms Veco Indiana

Input a number to not display as a date

hello! I have ran into this problem a few times when I'm trying to get a
number to appear, i.e. 3-30, and it automatically changes it into a date,
30-Mar.

I've gone in and formatted and reformated the cell as a general number and
it automatically changes back to date....errrrrrrrr.

Alan

Input a number to not display as a date

Enter it with a preceding apostrophe, '3-30. The apostrophe will show in the
formula bar but not in the cell,
Regards,
Alan.
"Ms Veco Indiana" wrote in message
hello! I have ran into this problem a few times when I'm trying to get a
number to appear, i.e. 3-30, and it automatically changes it into a date,
30-Mar.

I've gone in and formatted and reformated the cell as a general number and
it automatically changes back to date....errrrrrrrr.

Ms Veco Indiana

Input a number to not display as a date

Thanks! I knew it was something like that! I'd tried " and ^ from Quattro,
but they kept appearing!

Thanks!