-   -   Open at same sheet everytime (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/182378-open-same-sheet-everytime.html)

Paul

Open at same sheet everytime

Hi,

I have a workbook with over 20 sheets used by multiple users. How
can I get Excel to open at an index page everytime (instead of
opening
on the last page that was saved)

Joel kindly gave me the following information
Private Sub App_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
* * ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
End Sub

I placed this in the Sheet2 and also in the 'This workbook' within VBA
and both did not work.

The name of my sheet is Help and I changed "Sheet2" to help - no joy.

What am I doing wrong - Thanks

FSt1

Open at same sheet everytime

hi
this will work better i think. a simplified version.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
End Sub

this is workbook code so it should be placed in the thisworkbook module.
it's also advisable to remove the code you placed in the sheet module.

Regards
FSt1

"Paul" wrote:
Hi,

I have a workbook with over 20 sheets used by multiple users. How
can I get Excel to open at an index page everytime (instead of
opening
on the last page that was saved)

Joel kindly gave me the following information
Private Sub App_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
* * ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
End Sub

I placed this in the Sheet2 and also in the 'This workbook' within VBA
and both did not work.

The name of my sheet is Help and I changed "Sheet2" to help - no joy.

What am I doing wrong - Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much - working great