-   -   replacing 0's (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/182109-replacing-0s.html)

L.S.

replacing 0's

Have a spreadsheet with "several" 0.00 in cells.

Tried -- Find 0.00 and Replace with - (dash).
Keep getting message that match cannot be found.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but would like to replace all the 0.00 with
either a dash or leave blank.

thanks,

L.

Sandy Mann

replacing 0's

Format the cells as Accounting

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"L.S." wrote in message
Have a spreadsheet with "several" 0.00 in cells.

Tried -- Find 0.00 and Replace with - (dash).
Keep getting message that match cannot be found.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but would like to replace all the 0.00 with
either a dash or leave blank.

thanks,

L.

Tyro[_2_]

replacing 0's

If your cells are 0's formatted as 0.00, Find/Replace will not find 0.00 as
the cells do not contain 0.00, the cells contain 0. It appears you're
confusing the cell content, 0, with the formatting of the cell as 0.00 for
display purposes. You can format your cells with 0 to display as - (dash)
with custom formatting of #;-#;- or as blank with #;-#;

Tyro

"L.S." wrote in message
Have a spreadsheet with "several" 0.00 in cells.

Tried -- Find 0.00 and Replace with - (dash).
Keep getting message that match cannot be found.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but would like to replace all the 0.00 with
either a dash or leave blank.

thanks,

L.

L.S.

replacing 0's

Worked. thanks
Is there a reason why the Find and Replace didn't work with currency format?

L.

"L.S." wrote in message
Have a spreadsheet with "several" 0.00 in cells.

Tried -- Find 0.00 and Replace with - (dash).
Keep getting message that match cannot be found.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but would like to replace all the 0.00 with
either a dash or leave blank.

thanks,

L.

L.S.