-   -   Question about a range of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/182027-question-about-range-cells.html)

Cerberus

Question about a range of cells

I have a few drop-down categories that make numerous product options but I
want to encourage the customers to pick the products we keep on stock. I
have a list of the on hand products in cells B2 thru B88. Is there a way to
use that range of cells in something like an IF statement where I can say €śon
stock€ť if it falls in that range or €śspecial order€ť if it is not one of the
87 options we keep on hand?

Tom Hutchins

Question about a range of cells

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A$1,$B$2:$B$88,1,FALSE)),"Spe cial Order","On Stock")

where A1 contains the product selected.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Cerberus" wrote:

I have a few drop-down categories that make numerous product options but I
want to encourage the customers to pick the products we keep on stock. I
have a list of the on hand products in cells B2 thru B88. Is there a way to
use that range of cells in something like an IF statement where I can say €śon
stock€ť if it falls in that range or €śspecial order€ť if it is not one of the
87 options we keep on hand?

Cerberus

Question about a range of cells

Thank you for your help on this.