-   -   Match or identify if a product is in a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181900-match-identify-if-product-list.html)

widman

Match or identify if a product is in a list

I have a list of 6000 products in column A of sheet 1of a workbook. In the
next sheet I have a column of those 50 products company X uses, 130 products
that company Y uses, etc.
If I add the column headings for each company to sheet 1, how can I bring to
that column something (like the number "1") if that product is used by the
company in that column?

Max

Match or identify if a product is in a list

Presume your "next sheet" is Sheet2, with company names in row1 across,
products listed in row2 down

In Sheet1,
Put in B2:
= --(COUNTIF(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A:$A,,MATCH(B$1,Sheet2!$1: $1,0)-1),$A2)0)
Copy B2 across/fill down to last row of data in col A
--
Max
Singapore
"widman" wrote:
I have a list of 6000 products in column A of sheet 1of a workbook. In the
next sheet I have a column of those 50 products company X uses, 130 products
that company Y uses, etc.
If I add the column headings for each company to sheet 1, how can I bring to
that column something (like the number "1") if that product is used by the
company in that column?

dennis

Match or identify if a product is in a list

In cell B1 of the 1st sheet put this and then drag it down for the full 6000
rows.
Substitute the relevant ranges for each company column in sheet2.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:A50,1,FALSE)),0,1)

"widman" wrote:

I have a list of 6000 products in column A of sheet 1of a workbook. In the
next sheet I have a column of those 50 products company X uses, 130 products
that company Y uses, etc.
If I add the column headings for each company to sheet 1, how can I bring to
that column something (like the number "1") if that product is used by the
company in that column?

widman

Match or identify if a product is in a list

Great, I had to replace your commas with seimcolons because I use a software
that requires separators in Windows to be semicolons, but it worked great.
thanks