-   -   Trying to Get a Blank Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181660-trying-get-blank-cell.html)

[email protected]

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

Hi

I am trying to make a cell back if a formula doesn't add up

I am using the formula below, can anyone tell me where i am going
wrong as this doesn;t work

=IF(ISNA(SUM(C9+E9)/6),"",SUM(C9+E9)/6)

Many Thanks

Lins

PCLIVE

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

What are you getting.
Also, you don't need the SUM part of this formula.

=IF(ISNA(C9+E9)/6,"",C9+E9)/6

And unless (C9+E9)/6 is producing #N/A, then you won't get a blank result.

You might try:
=IF(ISERROR(C9+E9)/6,"",C9+E9)/6

Regards,
Paul

--

wrote in message

Hi

I am trying to make a cell back if a formula doesn't add up

I am using the formula below, can anyone tell me where i am going
wrong as this doesn;t work

=IF(ISNA(SUM(C9+E9)/6),"",SUM(C9+E9)/6)

Many Thanks

Lins

JLatham

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

In addition to what l.clarkson wrote, I don't think you're ever going to get
an error unless either C9 or E9 has a value that can't be added together.
Lets assume that both contain zero: (0+0)/6 = 0 not an error.

When would you want to display the blank cell, that is when the results of
the calculation are what?

If you want to display blank when results are zero, then try this:
=IF(C9+E9=0,"",(C9+E9)/6)

If in your original sample formula the /6 was really supposed to be a
reference to another cell on row 6, such as perhaps F6 and there is the
potential that it will be zero, resulting in a #DIV!/0 error, then this would
work:
=IF(ISERROR((C9+E9)/F6),"",(C9+E9)/F6)

Hope this helps some.

" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to make a cell back if a formula doesn't add up

I am using the formula below, can anyone tell me where i am going
wrong as this doesn;t work

=IF(ISNA(SUM(C9+E9)/6),"",SUM(C9+E9)/6)

Many Thanks

Lins

JLatham

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

oops, should have said "In addition to what PCLIVE said..."

" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to make a cell back if a formula doesn't add up

I am using the formula below, can anyone tell me where i am going
wrong as this doesn;t work

=IF(ISNA(SUM(C9+E9)/6),"",SUM(C9+E9)/6)

Many Thanks

Lins

Linexe

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

Hi Paul

Thank you for your help, i am getting #Value! and wanted the cell to
remain blank

I am still getting #Value! with your formual, any idea :-)

Lins

Linexe

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

Works Perfectly Now, thank you for your help

PCLIVE

Trying to Get a Blank Cell

Sorry,
I left out a parenthesis.