C Cooper Midland

Default formula that meets two criteria and sums?

I need a formula that will determine if information in a database meets two
criteria and then total the number of rows that are correct. The column
titles are Event type and New/Repeat. I need to be able to distinguish if an
event is sports, smerf, or group and then new or repeat. Any help would be
appreciated.
C Cooper Midland

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have been working on this for over 3 days
and did not do it as an Array. You are a life saver!!!!

C Cooper

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

Array-entered (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER, or CMD-RETURN):

=SUM((A1:A1000={"sports","smerf","group"})*((B1:B1 000="new")+
(B1:B1000="repeat")))