-   -   spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181358-spreadsheet.html)

paressanne

spreadsheet

hi i am new to this
I have a simple spreadsheet for accounts
I need to find a formula that says if in a1 a number from 1 to 6 is entered
the value of another cell adds to a column marked 1 to 6
thanks anyone who helps

Jim Rech[_2_]

spreadsheet

the value of another cell adds to a column marked 1 to 6

Your question is very unclear, particularly the above part. However in
general a formula that is to return one value if cell A1 holds a value from
1 to 6 and something else otherwise would look like this:

=IF(AND(A1=1,A1<=6),TRUE,FALSE)

You would just have to replace the TRUE and FALSE parts with the formulas or
values you want returned to the cell this formula is entered in.

--
Jim