-   -   hidden result (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181229-hidden-result.html)

eggpap

hidden result

hello,
in one complex Excel 2003 application some formulas stopped to show their
results.
Moreover, if I cancel the formula and rewrite it, (e.g. =SUM(C10:AG10))
the formula remains written instead of disappearing and formatted like if
a conditional formatting should be applied to the cell.

Thanks, Emiliano

Dave Peterson

hidden result

Try reformatting the cell as General (or anything but text).

Then re-enter the formula (Select the cell, Hit F2, then Enter should do it).

And if the formula doesn't recalc, make sure you have calculation set to
automatic. (Tools|Options|Calculation tab)

It kind of sounds like you have both situations.

--

Dave Peterson