-   -   parseing out City, State ?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181220-parseing-out-city-state.html)

paul

parseing out City, State ??

I have a file like this

Name Address City State ZIP
Zimmer 221 W 10 ATLANTA, GA 11111

So the CITY field contains both the City and a comma, state

How can I easily go through my 5,000 records and move the State to the
actual STATE field in excel?

thanks

Cimjet[_2_]

parseing out City, State ??

Hi Paul
Presuming your City Column is "B" starting at Row 5 type =RIGHT(B5,2) in"C"
Column.
Regards
Cimjet
"paul" wrote in message
I have a file like this

Name Address City State ZIP
Zimmer 221 W 10 ATLANTA, GA 11111

So the CITY field contains both the City and a comma, state

How can I easily go through my 5,000 records and move the State to the
actual STATE field in excel?

thanks

Gary''s Student

parseing out City, State ??

Say Column C contains:

ATLANTA, GA

Select the column and pull-down:

Data Text to columns... delimited by comma
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g

"paul" wrote:

I have a file like this

Name Address City State ZIP
Zimmer 221 W 10 ATLANTA, GA 11111

So the CITY field contains both the City and a comma, state

How can I easily go through my 5,000 records and move the State to the
actual STATE field in excel?

thanks

cht13er

parseing out City, State ??

On Mar 25, 12:55*pm, paul wrote:
I have a file like this

Name * * Address * * City * * * * * * * * * * State * * *ZIP
Zimmer *221 W 10 * *ATLANTA, GA * * * * * * * * * 11111

So the CITY field contains both the City and a comma, state

How can I easily go through my 5,000 records and move the State to the
actual STATE field in excel?

thanks

Add a column, then select the column.
Data - Text to Columns - Delimited - comma is your delimiter.

Cheers

Chris