-   -   wrong cell addresses (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181135-wrong-cell-addresses.html)

Kim

wrong cell addresses

Can you tell me why when I open an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 2007, the cell
addresses are incorrect? Instead of seeing cell A1 it shows R1C1 and all the
columns are incorrect. Is there some option that accidentally got switched?

Ron Rosenfeld

wrong cell addresses

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:50:01 -0700, Kim wrote:

Can you tell me why when I open an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 2007, the cell
addresses are incorrect? Instead of seeing cell A1 it shows R1C1 and all the
columns are incorrect. Is there some option that accidentally got switched?

Select Tools/Options and under one of the tabs, there will be an option for
R1C1 style -- DEselect that.
--ron

T. Valko

wrong cell addresses

Click the Office button

Excel OptionsFormulasWorking with formulas

Uncheck R1C1 reference style

OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kim" wrote in message
Can you tell me why when I open an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 2007, the
cell
addresses are incorrect? Instead of seeing cell A1 it shows R1C1 and all
the
columns are incorrect. Is there some option that accidentally got
switched?

Kim

wrong cell addresses

Was there a recent microsoft update that may have modified this? I noticed
all of my computers in our training room suddenly showed this too. I know
this was something we didn't change manually.

Kim

"Kim" wrote in message
Can you tell me why when I open an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 2007, the
cell
addresses are incorrect? Instead of seeing cell A1 it shows R1C1 and all
the
columns are incorrect. Is there some option that accidentally got
switched?

T. Valko

wrong cell addresses

No updates.

The A1 reference style is the default *unless* the very first file you open
in an Excel session is set for R1C1 style. Then, every file you open in that
session will use those settings. A session is from the time you start Excel
until the time you close Excel.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP