-   -   need help with mail merge from an excel file to word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180966-need-help-mail-merge-excel-file-word.html)

Angie

need help with mail merge from an excel file to word

Help! I thought I could mail merge using my excel sheet into word but it's
not workng. What am I doing wrong?

Barb Reinhardt

need help with mail merge from an excel file to word

You have to do it from within Word, I believe. Also, there's a Mail Merge
Toolbar that's not up by default.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"angie" wrote:

Help! I thought I could mail merge using my excel sheet into word but it's
not workng. What am I doing wrong?

Bernard Liengme

need help with mail merge from an excel file to word

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...ateADataSource.

50 min MS tutorial
http://office.microsoft.com:80/train...RC011205671033

Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site
that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has
instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.
best wishes