Old March 21st 08, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Excel found unreadable content"

I received the message "Excel found unreadable content" on a file I had was
opening. I've looked online and found other people with the same problem, but
the cause of it did not apply to the spreadsheet I was working on. In
general, what can cause me to receive the error? Are there any steps I can
take to avoid it? How can I recover my data?

Thank you

Old March 21st 08, 11:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cause that did not apply to your workbook was..............?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old March 21st 08, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where's the guy with the post about using his product to recover
corrupt Excel files?

--JP

wrote:
I received the message "Excel found unreadable content" on a file I had was
opening. I've looked online and found other people with the same problem, but
the cause of it did not apply to the spreadsheet I was working on. In
general, what can cause me to receive the error? Are there any steps I can
take to avoid it? How can I *recover my data?

Thank you- Hide quoted text -

Old March 25th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 22, 12:05*am, mdarling
wrote:
I received the message "Excelfoundunreadablecontent" on afileI had was
opening. I've looked online and found other people with the same problem, but
the cause of it did not apply to the spreadsheet I was working on. In
general, what can cause me to receive the error? Are there any steps I can
take to avoid it? How can I *recover my data?

Thank you

Hi,

You can try a popular Excel file recovery tool called Advanced Excel
Repair to repair your Excel file. It is a powerful tool to repair
corrupt or damaged Excel files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/aer.exe

Alan
Old March 25th 08, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There it is!!

--JP

Old April 2nd 08, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Alan124 wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:05=A0am, mdarling
wrote:
I received the message "Excelfoundunreadablecontent" on afileI had was
opening. I've looked online and found other people with the same problem, =

but
the cause of it did not apply to the spreadsheet I was working on. In
general, what can cause me to receive the error? Are there any steps I can=
take to avoid it? How can I =A0recover my data?

You can try a popular Excel file recovery tool called Advanced Excel
Repair to repair your Excel file. It is a powerful tool to repair
corrupt or damaged Excel files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/ae=
r/aer.exe

... or you could try opening it with open office. Used to be a known way to
recover xl files and might still work. You might lose some formatting, but
if it's the data you care about and you can't see it now, you have nothing
to lose by trying