-   -   Excel 2007 pivot table formats that work with 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180825-excel-2007-pivot-table-formats-work-2003-a.html)

steven

Excel 2007 pivot table formats that work with 2003

I have tried everything I can think of in order to get this to work and this
is my last resort.

I do a lot of sales reports and I recently got excel 2007 but the users of
the reports are on excel 2003. I can get everything to work but no matter
what I try I can not format the pivot table to anything else other than the
blank default setting.

If I do apply a format then excel 2003 just opens it without the format.

Now before everyone says to use the design tab please understand that I am
looking for apperance only, I want the header bar to be black and the text
white, that is the kind of formating I am talking about.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Debra Dalgleish

Excel 2007 pivot table formats that work with 2003

The pivot table styles won't stick, but you could manually format the
header, and that should be visible in earlier versions of Excel.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures