-   -   Require specific cell entry before saving file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180759-require-specific-cell-entry-before-saving-file.html)

Patrick Riley

Require specific cell entry before saving file

I want to require the user to enter his/her name in a specific cell (E59)
before the user can save the file.
I tried using Data Validation where I specified Text Length between 1 and
40, and left blank the check-box for "Ignore Blank". Nope. I never
programmed in VBA, so I hope there is a simple solution (I might be OK with
some simple VBA code).
---Pat
P.S. I posted this yesterday (Mar 19 2008) and someone was kind enough to
respond, but Microsoft's link (in the auto-generated e-mail to me) to the
response did not work. I thank that individual for responding, and ask that
you please re-send your answer.

Mike H

Require specific cell entry before saving file

Hi,

Your reply is here

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...4-6da7b670859a

Mike

"Patrick Riley" wrote:

I want to require the user to enter his/her name in a specific cell (E59)
before the user can save the file.
I tried using Data Validation where I specified Text Length between 1 and
40, and left blank the check-box for "Ignore Blank". Nope. I never
programmed in VBA, so I hope there is a simple solution (I might be OK with
some simple VBA code).
---Pat
P.S. I posted this yesterday (Mar 19 2008) and someone was kind enough to
respond, but Microsoft's link (in the auto-generated e-mail to me) to the
response did not work. I thank that individual for responding, and ask that
you please re-send your answer.

Don Guillett

Require specific cell entry before saving file

I think you got several replies suggesting use of the ThisWorkbook module
"before_save" event.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel