-   -   hi-light every other set of columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180752-hi-light-every-other-set-columns.html)

MarkT

hi-light every other set of columns

Hi everyone,

I have a need to hi-light a set of two columns per set, every other set. In
other words, columns a and b would be colored, c and d would not, then e and
f would be colored in and so on.

I am using this conditional format formula, which is close, it does every
other column.

=MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0

Does anyone know what I need to do to the above formula to make it hi-light
every other set of 2 colums?

I am using Excel 2007/Win XP

Thanks for your help!

Peter T

hi-light every other set of columns

One way -

=MOD(COLUMN(),4)1

Regards,
Peter T

"MarkT" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have a need to hi-light a set of two columns per set, every other set.

In
other words, columns a and b would be colored, c and d would not, then e

and
f would be colored in and so on.

I am using this conditional format formula, which is close, it does every
other column.

=MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0

Does anyone know what I need to do to the above formula to make it

hi-light
every other set of 2 colums?

I am using Excel 2007/Win XP

Thanks for your help!

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

hi-light every other set of columns

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:55:06 -0700, MarkT
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a need to hi-light a set of two columns per set, every other set. In
other words, columns a and b would be colored, c and d would not, then e and
f would be colored in and so on.

I am using this conditional format formula, which is close, it does every
other column.

=MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0

Does anyone know what I need to do to the above formula to make it hi-light
every other set of 2 colums?

I am using Excel 2007/Win XP

Thanks for your help!

Try this:

=MOD(COLUMN()+?,4)<2

Replace ? with 1 or 3 to suit your needs.

Hope this helps. / Lars-Åke

MarkT

hi-light every other set of columns

Worked like a charm. Thanks!