-   -   Create a query which links criterias to some cells in spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180675-create-query-links-criterias-some-cells-spreadsheet.html)

Yuanhang

Create a query which links criterias to some cells in spreadsheet?

I am creating a query from a data warehouse. To save some time of freshing
data, I'm actually trying to pull out data that matches a list of names and
then find some way(like Recording a Macro) to automate the process.
So basically, I have a spread sheet as followed:
Column A Column B
Names Starting Date

George 09/01/07
Tim 09/02/07
Jeffery 01/02/08

Then, I want query to pick up all the data first for George from the
"Starting Date" to the date whenever I refresh the query. Assume I could
actually link Column A to the criteria settings to get all the other data.

And then, a macro will be processed to do four things:
1. refresh and save the query for George in a new sheet
2. delete the first row in the name list so that Tim would become the first
row.
3. create a new sheet for Tim
4. refresh the query and return the data to the new sheet for Tim

So I am just wondering if the imagination above would work out or there's
any other better way to acheive this.

Thank you.