-   -   my "if" statements do not update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180613-my-if-statements-do-not-update.html)

bsze

my "if" statements do not update

I have a spreadsheet full of IF statements linked to another sheet in an
excel document. Unfortunately all the IF formulas will not update when the
condition is met. When i attempt to check a formula, open the cell's formula
but don't change anything, then the formula updates. My question is if there
is a way to make all of these formulas update without clicking on each
formula. I am sure it is something simple.

Jim Thomlinson

my "if" statements do not update

Tools - Options - Calculation (tab) - Select Automatic (probably manual
right now)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"bsze" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet full of IF statements linked to another sheet in an
excel document. Unfortunately all the IF formulas will not update when the
condition is met. When i attempt to check a formula, open the cell's formula
but don't change anything, then the formula updates. My question is if there
is a way to make all of these formulas update without clicking on each
formula. I am sure it is something simple.

FSt1

my "if" statements do not update

hi
try hitting the F9 key. that forces re-calculation

Regards
FSt1

"bsze" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet full of IF statements linked to another sheet in an
excel document. Unfortunately all the IF formulas will not update when the
condition is met. When i attempt to check a formula, open the cell's formula
but don't change anything, then the formula updates. My question is if there
is a way to make all of these formulas update without clicking on each
formula. I am sure it is something simple.

Bob Phillips

my "if" statements do not update

Check ToolsOptionsCalculation and see that the calculation mode is set to
Automatic.

--
---
HTH