-   -   have lost data from Menu Toolbar - how to retrieve? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180546-have-lost-data-menu-toolbar-how-retrieve.html)

Sam

have lost data from Menu Toolbar - how to retrieve?

I opened excel to begina new spread sheet and the data menu is gone from
within the tools drop down menu??? I have tried to reset the tool bar but to
no avail. I am stumped?? help?? it's infuriating.

Gord Dibben

have lost data from Menu Toolbar - how to retrieve?

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Scroll down and select Worksheet Menu Bar and "Reset"

This will destroy any customizations you may have made.

BTW..........Data is not under the Tools drop down menu.

Data is a menu item on the Worksheet Menu Bar and has its own set of dropdowns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP