-   -   Links not updating and returning #VALUE! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180452-links-not-updating-returning-value.html)

ArcticWolf

Links not updating and returning #VALUE!

Hi,

I have a workbook with links from other workbooks. When I try and 'Update
Values' the status changes to "Warning: Values not updated" and I get #VALUE!
where there should be a value.

The only way I can rid of #VALUE! is by opening (and keeping open) the
source workbook. If I close the source workbook and update the links again
(say, from a different workbook) then the values revert back to #VALUE! - and
I have to open the source again to get the values back.

I'm sure Excel never used to do this - what am I doing wrong. I'm using
Office2003.

Thanks in advance,

AW