-   -   Do you know how to make Excel bookmark work when it's saved as a WebPage? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180320-do-you-know-how-make-excel-bookmark-work-when-its-saved-webpage.html)

Liz[_2_]

Do you know how to make Excel bookmark work when it's saved as a WebPage?

I have a multi-sheet Excel workbook. The first page contains
hyperlinks to cells in the other worksheets. I use 'Define Name' to
name the target cells in the other sheets, and have the hyperlink
point to it. This works fine when I'm in the Excel application.
However, when I save it as a web page (htm) the hyperlinks are
referring to the names as if they were bookmarks (e.g. http://page.htm#bookmark,
but the target cells are using the actual cell range as the book (e.g.
#RANGE!A286). As a result, the link is broken.

Does anyone know how to do this so that it will work?

Additional Info:
if the target cell is on the same worksheet then both the hyperlink
and the actual bookmark use #RANGE! as the reference and the link does
work. But when the hyperlink and the target cell are in different
worksheet this breaks.