-   -   Sharing Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180311-sharing-workbooks.html)

Tina Marie

Sharing Workbooks

Help ...

Seems the 'share' feature not great if multiple people are on the same file
and saving at the same time ... unless I'm not doing this right?

e.g.

I have a file that is in a sharable area on the network and has been saved
as 'shared' ... multiple people go in and change rates ... if I'm in the
process of making a change and so are they at the same time but they save
before me ... I'll get the conflict error ... choose changes by others or
save my changes ... I don't want to 'mess' them up so I save theirs but now I
have to remember what I just did and redo it hoping no one else tries to save
again before I save ...

Any suggestions??
Thanks, Tina

--