-   -   Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180301-error-1004-copy-method-worksheet-class-failed.html)

Ayo

Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed

I keep getting this "Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed" and it
is not consistent. I am running a macro that open a file in a folder and
extract data from it to be place in another file. The macro runs fine until I
get this error. It doesn't occur at the place, meaning the same file doesn't
trigger it al the time, hence the inconsistency. I can't figure out why it is
stopping. There are 286 files in the folder but the error occurs after the
245th file.
Please help.

Ron de Bruin

Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed

Hi Ayo

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210684/en-us

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ayo" wrote in message ...
I keep getting this "Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed" and it
is not consistent. I am running a macro that open a file in a folder and
extract data from it to be place in another file. The macro runs fine until I
get this error. It doesn't occur at the place, meaning the same file doesn't
trigger it al the time, hence the inconsistency. I can't figure out why it is
stopping. There are 286 files in the folder but the error occurs after the
245th file.
Please help.

Ayo

Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed

Thanks. I will try it.

"Ayo" wrote in message ...
I keep getting this "Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed" and it
is not consistent. I am running a macro that open a file in a folder and
extract data from it to be place in another file. The macro runs fine until I
get this error. It doesn't occur at the place, meaning the same file doesn't
trigger it al the time, hence the inconsistency. I can't figure out why it is
stopping. There are 286 files in the folder but the error occurs after the
245th file.
Please help.

Alan124

Error 1004 Copy method of worksheet class failed

On Mar 18, 12:28*am, Ayo wrote:
Thanks. I will try it.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi Ayo

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210684/en-us

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ayo" wrote in ...
I keep getting this "Error1004 Copy method ofworksheetclass failed" and it
is not consistent. I am running a macro that open a file in a folder and
extract data from it to be place in another file. The macro runs fine until I
get thiserror. It doesn't occur at the place, meaning the same file doesn't
trigger it al the time, hence the inconsistency. I can't figure out why it is
stopping. There are 286 files in the folder but theerroroccurs after the
245th file.
Please help.- Hide quoted text -

If the method above does not help, maybe you need to try some Excel
file recovery tools such as Advanced Excel Repair to repair your Excel
file.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/aer.exe

Alan