-   -   simple dates & Filtering question?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180219-simple-dates-filtering-question.html)

Yaseen Al-Lawati[_2_]

simple dates & Filtering question??

i have a column with dates (dd/mm/yyyy)
i formated the cells to dates.
then i filtered them from the drop down box to Acsending.
the problem is it orders them first in dd wise then mm wise then yyyy wise
where as I want it to start yyyy wise then mm wise then dd wise
could anyone help me ??
:( yaseen

Yaseen Al-Lawati[_2_]

simple dates & Filtering question??

I did that already as I mentioned
by the way the date cells are reffered from data base
so I don't write the date

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 02:51:00 -0700, Yaseen Al-Lawati
wrote:

i have a column with dates (dd/mm/yyyy)
i formated the cells to dates.
then i filtered them from the drop down box to Acsending.
the problem is it orders them first in dd wise then mm wise then yyyy wise
where as I want it to start yyyy wise then mm wise then dd wise
could anyone help me ??
:( yaseen

Hello,

Select all the date cells and change the format to yyyy-mm-dd

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd http://npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. http://www.easynn.com