-   -   Nesting COUNTIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180186-nesting-countif.html)

Andrew K

Nesting COUNTIF

In Excel 2003, is there a way to combine the functions COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Joe")
and COUNTIF(B1:B10,"5")? In other words, the array in Cols A and B has
scores from 0 to 10 for multiple trials by Joe, Bill, and Jane; I want a
count of all of Joe's scores that are over 5.

Sandy Mann

Nesting COUNTIF

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="Joe")*(B1:B105))

If you meant 5 or over then use =5

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Andrew K" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, is there a way to combine the functions
COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Joe")
and COUNTIF(B1:B10,"5")? In other words, the array in Cols A and B has
scores from 0 to 10 for multiple trials by Joe, Bill, and Jane; I want a
count of all of Joe's scores that are over 5.

Andrew K

Nesting COUNTIF

Works perfectly. Thank you.

"Andrew K" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, is there a way to combine the functions
COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Joe")
and COUNTIF(B1:B10,"5")? In other words, the array in Cols A and B has
scores from 0 to 10 for multiple trials by Joe, Bill, and Jane; I want a
count of all of Joe's scores that are over 5.

Sandy Mann

Nesting COUNTIF

You're very welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Andrew K" wrote in message