-   -   Eliminate #VALUE! in Formula Result (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180180-eliminate-value-formula-result.html)

Roy A.

Eliminate #VALUE! in Formula Result

=FIND("/",C30)
If the above formula does not find the slash #VALUE! is returned. How do I
eliminate that result and obtain a number?

I am attempting to setup a telephone directory for a condominium
association. I am attempting to obtain TEXT following the slash using the MID
function. Most of the text I am searching does not contain a slash.

If anyone has a template that might assist me in this endeavor, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Dave Peterson

Eliminate #VALUE! in Formula Result

=if(isnumber(find("/",c30)),find("/",c30),"not found")

Change "not found" to whatever you want
--including a simple 0 or an empty string: ""

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Eliminate #VALUE! in Formula Result

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("/",C30)),C30,your_mid_formula)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Roy A.[_2_]

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("/",C30)),C30,your_mid_formula)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Thank you Gary that worked perfectly. I was using the same formula but I did
not have the second closing parathesis after the first find. I must be having
a memory lapse.
Thanks again.

T. Valko

Eliminate #VALUE! in Formula Result