-   -   Partitioning Excel cell contents into separate cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180163-partitioning-excel-cell-contents-into-separate-cells.html)

barrie

Partitioning Excel cell contents into separate cells

I have acquired a large spreadsheet with a column of cells each of whose
contents are like [1.234 6.712 5.436]
Numbers like these, contained in square brackets, are from another
application. How do I extract each number and place them in cells in
adjoining columns, to get:
column 1 column 2 column 3
1.234 6.712 5.436
?

Max

Partitioning Excel cell contents into separate cells

Think you could try Data Text to Columns (Fixed Width). In step 2 of the
wizard, you can fine-click to insert the break lines to separate the square
brackets from the first and last numbers.
--
Max
Singapore