-   -   conditional formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180135-conditional-formating.html)

Ruth

conditional formating

Hi there

I am created a file to keep track of marks. I want every other line to have
the back ground fill in. Sometimes students names will be added or deleted.
I don't want to have to change the format for each line when a student is
added or deleted. Is there a way to do this?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

David Biddulph[_2_]

conditional formating

CF/ Formula Is ...
=MOD(ROW(),2)
--
David Biddulph

"Ruth" wrote in message
Hi there

I am created a file to keep track of marks. I want every other line to
have
the back ground fill in. Sometimes students names will be added or
deleted.
I don't want to have to change the format for each line when a student is
added or deleted. Is there a way to do this?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

FSt1

conditional formating

hi
you can use conditional formating to do that. it's called banding.
see this site for detailed instructions.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

Regards
FSt1

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I am created a file to keep track of marks. I want every other line to have
the back ground fill in. Sometimes students names will be added or deleted.
I don't want to have to change the format for each line when a student is
added or deleted. Is there a way to do this?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Ruth