-   -   Adding to a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180014-adding-formula.html)

Jooles

Adding to a formula

I am trying to add a cell from one worksheet to a formula in another
worksheet but it just shows the forumula in the total box instead of the
figure what am I doing wrong?
--
Jooles

Michael M

Adding to a formula

Firstly, post the formula you are getting
and secondly make sure you have formatted the cell as number.

Regards
Michael M

"Jooles" wrote:

I am trying to add a cell from one worksheet to a formula in another
worksheet but it just shows the forumula in the total box instead of the
figure what am I doing wrong?
--
Jooles

Jim Thomlinson

Adding to a formula

your cell is probably formatted as text. Change it to Number or General
oranything other than text. Once it has been reformatted you will still need
to update the cell. Double click on the cell to get inot formula edit mode
and then hit <Enter to exit.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jooles" wrote:

I am trying to add a cell from one worksheet to a formula in another
worksheet but it just shows the forumula in the total box instead of the
figure what am I doing wrong?
--
Jooles

Jooles

Adding to a formula

Thanks Jim it worked - I have spent hours trying to figure it out. Regards.
--
Jooles

"Jooles" wrote:

I am trying to add a cell from one worksheet to a formula in another
worksheet but it just shows the forumula in the total box instead of the
figure what am I doing wrong?
--
Jooles

Jooles

Adding to a formula

Thankis for the help partly helped - finishing it off by double clicking on
cell and pressing return changed it to the number. Regards.
--
Jooles