-   -   Formula will not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/180001-formula-will-not-work.html)

WLMPilot

Formula will not work

I typed the following formula in and is displays the formula in the cell just
as it was typed in instead of calculating the formula.

=COUNTIF(C8:Q8,"=''")

Those are two single quotes after the equal sign.

What do I need to change or check?

Les

Mike H

Formula will not work

most likely

The cell was formatted as text before you typed your formula in
Solution copy the formula reformat as general and paste the formula back

less likely
press Ctrl + `
which is just to the left of the 1 key

Mike

"WLMPilot" wrote:

I typed the following formula in and is displays the formula in the cell just
as it was typed in instead of calculating the formula.

=COUNTIF(C8:Q8,"=''")

Those are two single quotes after the equal sign.

What do I need to change or check?

Les

Jim Thomlinson

Formula will not work

The cell is most likely formatted as Text. Change the format to General or a
number style. When that is done you still need to update the cell. Double
click the cell or use 2 on the cell and then exit edit mode.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson