-   -   Search, Copy & Paste Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179952-search-copy-paste-formula.html)

chanse25

Search, Copy & Paste Formula

Hi! I am trying to create a formula that will seach a specific column for a
certain word within a text string and if the word is present to copy the row
and paste it in a new worksheet. Any ideas?

I need to search Column E for the word "enterprise" and if found I need to
copy the entire row and its data into a new worksheet. Currently have 33919
rows to check, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Pete_UK

Search, Copy & Paste Formula

Have you thought about using Autofilter on column E? Set it for Custom, then
"Contains" (scroll down to see this) and then the word enterprise.

You can highlight the visible cells, click on <copy, and then paste them to
another sheet - all done in one operation.

Hope this helps.

Pete