Hyperlinks close Excel Document

Default hyperlink in Excel to Word doc closes Excel doc

Clicking hyperlink to a word document in my Excel workbook work only once.
Every other time the excel document closes as the word document opens???

This is obviously annoying, because I want to go back and forth between my
multiple documents
Dave Peterson

Are you using xl97?

If you are, try making a change to a cell (any change, any cell), then click the
hyperlink.

(Selecting a cell, hitting F2, then enter may be enough of a change.)

I think that if excel sees your workbook as "dirty" (needing a save), then it
won't close.

--

Dave Peterson
Hyperlinks close Excel Document

Yes. this seemed to work. Unsaved excel doc will stay up when a hyperlink to
a word doc is clicked. A fresh, or saved, excel doc will close. This is still
annoying, but I now know how to deal with this.

thanks.