-   -   Pivoting Several Sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179491-pivoting-several-sheets.html)

RJB

Pivoting Several Sheets

I have sales information, where each account is an entire sheet.

I have added SUM totals on certain columns on each sheet (same relative
column, that is, column D is always "Sales", column E is always "Tonnes",
etc.).

I'd LIKE to do a summary sheet. What I've been doing is copying all data
from the individual sheets into a new worksheet, and pivoting that.

Is there an easier way to just "grab" what I want from the top row of each
sheet, automagically?

Debra Dalgleish

Pivoting Several Sheets

You can create a pivot table from the data on separate sheets (multiple
consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want.
There's more information he

Perhaps you could store all your data on one sheet permanently, instead
of copying it there just when you need a report. If you add a column
with the Account name, you could use an AutoFilter when you want to
focus on the records for one account.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

RJB

Pivoting Several Sheets

Thanks. Part of my problem is I'm doing forensic work on other peoples'
files... So I'm stuck with what they have a legacy of doing!