-   -   #VALUE! Error/conditional counting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179425-value-error-conditional-counting.html)

martinbarnes

#VALUE! Error/conditional counting

If anyone can help out:

Here is a dumbed down version of my worksheet: I have three columns of data
under the following headers: Date (Month), Response 1 (Y or N), and Response
2 (Y or N). I am trying to sort the data first by a specific date, then by
"Y" in the Response 1 column. If cells in the Response 1 column are blank
then I want to go to the Response 2 column to find the "Y" cells for that
date; however, I do not want to count "Y" cells in the Response 2 column when
there is a "N" in Response 1 column.

Any suggestions? My results thus far have been incorrect or have resulted
in a "VALUE!" output.