-   -   Date Conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179218-date-conversion.html)

Pat

Date Conversion

Help Please,

I am a beginer in Excel and have a spreadsheet with USA date's in it that I
need to convert to UK date format. Is there a simple solution, my system is
set up as UK.
--
Pat

Gary''s Student

Date Conversion

select a cell which has, say, 12/25/2008 in it:

Format Cells... Number Custom dd/mm/yyyy
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"Pat" wrote:

Help Please,

I am a beginer in Excel and have a spreadsheet with USA date's in it that I
need to convert to UK date format. Is there a simple solution, my system is
set up as UK.
--
Pat

Pat

Date Conversion

Hi Gary that does not work, stays in the same format.
I have 10/05/2007 when I need it to be 05/10/2007 can anybody help?
--
Pat

"Pat" wrote:

Help Please,

I am a beginer in Excel and have a spreadsheet with USA date's in it that I
need to convert to UK date format. Is there a simple solution, my system is
set up as UK.
--
Pat

Gord Dibben

Date Conversion

USA dates are usually m/d/yy

Your date may be text.

Try DataText to ColumnsNextNextDate Column FormatDate and MDY

Then format to d/m/yy

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP