-   -   Copy and paste - filtered data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179113-copy-paste-filtered-data.html)

JLR-Mart

Copy and paste - filtered data

I have filtered a worksheet which results in many rows being 'hidden'. When I
select a range of cells to copy (all in one row) that I want to shift one row
left, I cannot paste correctly. Excel seems to include 'hidden' rows as part
of the paste process.

Any ideas why?

John Bundy

Copy and paste - filtered data

Try selecting your range, then going to Edit-Go to-Special, check the
visible cells only box and then copy.
--
-John
is helpful.

"JLR-Mart" wrote:

I have filtered a worksheet which results in many rows being 'hidden'. When I
select a range of cells to copy (all in one row) that I want to shift one row
left, I cannot paste correctly. Excel seems to include 'hidden' rows as part
of the paste process.

Any ideas why?

JLR-Mart

Copy and paste - filtered data

Yes, that works for copying...it's when you try and paste into the filtered
data that it all goes wrong!