-   -   Protecting a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178957-protecting-workbook.html)

Sasikiran

Protecting a workbook

Dear Concerned,

Is there any way where an entire workbook is protected by a password which
allows opening of the workbook only on entry of that password and no one else
could also delete that file?

Please let me know if there's any such option in the excel.

Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben

Protecting a workbook

You can password to open but you cannot prevent anyone from deleting the file
unless they don't have permissiom to access or delete files from that folder on
the computer.

i.e. if they can access the folder and file through Windows Explorer or through
FileOpen dialog in Excel, they can delete the file.

See Windows Help for how to limit users from accessing folders and files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP