-   -   Formula does not work with drop down box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178939-formula-does-not-work-drop-down-box.html)

Marilyn

Formula does not work with drop down box

Hello I n column C12 I have a formula =IF (B12="Full Time ","100%
benefits",IF(B12="Part Time","50% Benefits","Not Eligible")) If I type Full
Time or Part Time in cell B12 the formula works. When I added a drop down
list to column B12 the formula does not work. How do I make this work?
Many thanks

Alan

Formula does not work with drop down box

How are you adding a dropdown list? Are you uing Data Validation or a Combo
Box or a List Box from theView Toolbars Forms menu?
Regards,
Alan.
"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello I n column C12 I have a formula =IF (B12="Full Time ","100%
benefits",IF(B12="Part Time","50% Benefits","Not Eligible")) If I type
Full
Time or Part Time in cell B12 the formula works. When I added a drop
down
list to column B12 the formula does not work. How do I make this work?
Many thanks

Marilyn

Formula does not work with drop down box

Thanks Alan I'm using data validation

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello I n column C12 I have a formula =IF (B12="Full Time ","100%
benefits",IF(B12="Part Time","50% Benefits","Not Eligible")) If I type
Full
Time or Part Time in cell B12 the formula works. When I added a drop
down
list to column B12 the formula does not work. How do I make this work?
Many thanks

Alan

Formula does not work with drop down box

I tested it and it works. I validated a cell as 'List' and entered 'Full
Time,Part Time' in the dialogue box. In your formula that you posted here
there's a space after Full Time, =IF(B12="Full Time ").......
Could that be it?
Regards,
Alan.

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello I n column C12 I have a formula =IF (B12="Full Time ","100%
benefits",IF(B12="Part Time","50% Benefits","Not Eligible")) If I type
Full
Time or Part Time in cell B12 the formula works. When I added a drop
down
list to column B12 the formula does not work. How do I make this
work?
Many thanks

Marilyn

Formula does not work with drop down box

Thanks Alan Now it works I was using a named range