-   -   Calling a macro from Worksheet--Activate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178897-calling-macro-worksheet-activate.html)

Fatz

Calling a macro from Worksheet--Activate

Hi-

I have a macro that I want to run when a worksheet is activated.
Problem is I do not know how to call it. When I call a function
(Let's say the name is FUNC1) within a macro I just type FUNC1. I am
attempting the same idea on the macro and am having no success.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this that I am overlooking.
Can someone please help me fill in the blanks??

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

MACRO TO RUN HERE. HOW DO I CODE IT?

End Sub

Thanks!
Chris

Dave Peterson

Calling a macro from Worksheet--Activate

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call MacroToRunHere
End Sub

The Call is actually optional. I like to use it.

But you could use:

--

Dave Peterson

Fatz

Fatz wrote:

Hi-

I have a macro that I want to run when a worksheet is activated.
Problem is I do not know how to call it. *When I call a function
(Let's say the name is FUNC1) within a macro I just type FUNC1. *I am
attempting the same idea on the macro and am having no success.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this that I am overlooking.
Can someone please help me fill in the blanks??

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

MACRO TO RUN HERE. *HOW DO I CODE IT?

End Sub

Thanks!
Chris

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Dave.

So if the macro is named MACRO1, all I type is MACRO1 and it will fire
when the sheet is activated?

Chris

Dave Peterson

Calling a macro from Worksheet--Activate

Maybe...

You could do some things that would cause it to fail. But I bet you wouldn't do
those things!

What happened when you did a simple test?

<<snipped