-   -   Removing Numbers from a Cell that also has text. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178442-removing-numbers-cell-also-has-text.html)

[email protected]

Removing Numbers from a Cell that also has text.

I have numerous cells that have the following listed in them ... Item#
0012631004
How do I pull only the number out of this cell?

Bill Kuunders

Removing Numbers from a Cell that also has text.

use edit find replace
find item# with a trailing space if there is one in your cells
replace with leave this blank

--
Greetings from New Zealand

wrote in message
I have numerous cells that have the following listed in them ... Item#
0012631004
How do I pull only the number out of this cell?

Mike H

Removing Numbers from a Cell that also has text.

Hi I assume yo mean

Item#0012631004

in a cell so try this
=MID(A1,6,LEN(A1))

Yo may have to change the 6 if there are spaces

Mike